Thursday 30 October 2014

Vagabond "Dioon" Dupes!

As I was browsing Urban Outfitters in London a couple of months ago, I spotted a beautiful pair of black chunky boots. Black chunky boots always catch my eye, even if I already own several pairs. They grunge up any outfit, and add a few inches to my measly 5 foot 3 frame.
However!
These were different. They had a specific characteristic that I had never seen on any boot before! A rose gold zip.

Big whoop, some may say. But to me, it's all about the details.
Like many, I drool over rose gold items. But it's always been watches, jewellery, homeware, and maybe the odd iPhone cover. Never did I think I would see it on a pair of boots!

I tried them on, and to my delight and surprise, the soles were generously padded/cushioned, therefore incredibly comfortable! So I flipped the boots over to see the price, and my heart sank. £100.



£100 isn't a crazy expensive price for a comfortable pair of real leather boots, but I'd gone a bit crazy at the Topshop flagship store the previous day, so the bank account really couldn't take another blow..

A few weeks later, I was browsing the H&M website when I came across a pair of boots that looked identical to the Vagabond ones, but for only 39,99€! I went into the store to have a look at them in person, and they weren't as shiny or nice to touch because they weren't real leather, but I really didn't mind for the price tag. The soles didn't have much padding or cushioning either, but that is a problem that can be easily solved with some gel pads.






Apart from maybe the lack of shine, you really can't tell that these aren't the Vagabond ones!
Click here for the link to the H&M boots.
These boots probably won't last years and years, but hey, hopefully by the time they're all worn out I'll have enough money for some Vagabonds. (:






No comments:

Post a Comment